According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the employment of drug store service technicians will increase by 32 percent in the 2010-20 years. * It further includes that the field will include about 108,300 tasks in the exact same time duration. ** Clearly, pharmacy service technician is one of the most popular allied health care careers right now. You can find more next: En savoir plus.
However exactly what is the procedure involved in becoming a drug store technician? If you are looking for answers, we have them for you here. Providing a total step-by-step guide on what it requires to end up being a qualified pharmacy professional.
1. If you desire to end up being a qualified pharmacy technology, you need to begin at the beginning, which suggests taking suitable classes in high school. Courses in mathematics, health and life sciences will establish simply the kind of structure you’ll require when you begin school for drug store specialist training.
2. The next step is to pick a curriculum to get trained in the field. Postsecondary drug store tech training is readily available at community colleges and trade schools. While some states do not have any academic requirements other than a high school diploma for pharmacy techs, others require these experts to complete formal training in the field.
3. If your state does not required that you complete drug store technology training, you can begin hunting for tasks immediately and learn the trades as you go along. However, it’s typically a smart idea to go to school for pharmacy specialist training to enhance your employability whether your state needs it or not.
4. Normal coursework in a pharmacy tech training program consists of subjects like pharmacology, pharmaceutical computations, pharmacy law and ethics, prescriptions, non-sterile compounding, etc. Your program may likewise consist of an externship in a drug store to supply you some valuable, hands-on experience.
5. Even if your pharmacy technology training program does not consist of practicum or externship, it’s a great idea to discover intern positions at your local drug store. You can also organize for some shadow sessions and observe other drug store technologies at work to experience exactly what a normal day for them is like.
6. Getting accreditation is the last and crucial step towards reaching your goal. Prior to you do anything, make certain you satisfy the regulations set by your state’s drug store board. Some of the normal policies include a high school diploma or GED certificate; criminal background check; official training program; continuing education, etc.
7. There are two primary companies that offer certification to drug store service technicians – the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and the National Healthcare Association (NHA). The PTCB accreditation can be obtained by passing their Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) and meeting other eligibility criteria. The NHA grants certification to technicians who pass the ExCPT pharmacy exam.
8. After you get your accreditation and start practicing as a certified pharmacy technology, make sure you keep meeting the recertification and continuing education demands of your profession.
This is how you start your journey as a licensed pharmacy tech. When you are all set to wear that crisp white coat, keep in mind that it becomes your duty to serve your consumers – many of whom will be visiting you under demanding circumstances – with a smile on your face and generosity in your heart!